I think as a kid I always liked to listen to people. I loved hearing stories. – Anne Deveare Smith
Theater Intensives Online
WHO: (Rising) 6th-8th Grades
WHERE: Online via the Zoom Theater
WHEN: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 16 – 27 (weekdays)
COST: $600 (2 week session)
VIRTUAL THEATER PROGRAM
Verbatim theater is a form of documentary theater. In this workshop students will engage in the process of making theater from real people’s words. Students will conduct interviews and then learn and enage with techniques to portray the charaters that they interviewed. We will explore the questions…what is verbatim theater and why and how we can use it.
- The virtual shares will be held on Zoom on the last day of the program during the last 20 minutes of class.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- Zoom links will be sent out on Friday afternoons for programs that begin on Monday. The same zoom link will be used for the duration of the 2-week program.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our Summer FAQs here or contact us for more information.