Teen Improv & Sketch
Online Theater Program
WHO: 9th – 12th Grades
WHERE: Online via the Zoom Theater
WHEN: Mondays, 4:00 – 5:30 PM
DATES: 1/4/21 – 3/29/21 (3 month program)
VIRTUAL THEATER PROGRAM
Over the course of this workshop, actors will work to hone their ensemble skills and learn the building blocks of improvisation and sketch. Students will be introduced to short and long-form improvisation in this hilarious, heartfelt workshop.
Over the course of the workshop students will master multiple improv games and use their learning as a lens in examining the world they are creating and inhabiting. We will pay special attention to encouraging and engaging each voice in “the room” to be heard throughout the process. We will generate ideas, create situations and settings, identify absurdities, write and perform our own sketches and bring them to hilarious conclusions. The final showcase will be a recorded sketch show created by the troupe.
***No class on January 18th (Martin Luther King Day)
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, the final showcase will be a recorded show created by the troupe.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!