EACH PERSON HAS A LITERATURE INSIDE THEM.
~ANNA DEVEARE SMITH
Playwriting and Performance
Online Theater Program
WHO: 3rd – 5th Grades
WHERE: Online via the Zoom Theater
WHEN: Thursdays, 4:00 – 5:00 PM
DATES: 1/7/21 – 4/1/21 (3 month program)
FALL 2021 ONLINE PROGRAM
In this online workshop, students will create their own original scenes and/or monologues. They will learn the basic elements of dramatic structure and will be given writing prompts to guide them through the process. Improvisation will be a tool in developing character and dialogue. Each student will also perform their original work in a virtual performance.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, the final showcase will be a recorded show created by the troupe.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!