“Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”
~ Martha Graham
Musical Theater Dance
Dance & Movement Program
WHO: 4th – 6th Grades
WHERE: Indoors at BAL 8th Avenue and Virtually Via Zoom
WHEN: Tuesdays, 5:00 – 6:00 PM
DATES: 1/26/21 – 4/6/21
DANCE & MOVEMENT PROGRAM
Musical Theatre Dance is rooted in the diverse history of Broadway and spans many dance styles. With a focus on musical interpretation and storytelling, students will learn movement in the style of Broadway shows throughout history. We will focus on acting through movement, and have fun learning choreography inspired by our favorite musicals! Students are requested to wear clothing they can comfortably move in, and we suggest jazz shoes or sneakers that are worn only in the studio.
VIRTUAL DANCE & MOVEMENT PROGRAM
We are offering the option to Zoom in LIVE for our indoor dance classes. If you prefer your child to take the dance classes from home, we will provide you with access to live zoom into the class and participate from home. Please make sure your child wears clothes that they can move in freely and supportive shoes. Sneakers or jazz shoes are preferred.
Indoor Program Details
- Kids will be dropped off and picked up at the BAL entrance. Parents/caregivers will not enter the BAL space this winter for safety reasons.
- The maximum number of children in the indoor program will not exceed 8.
- Teaching artists and kids must wear acceptable face coverings at all times.
- Markers will be adhered to the floor to ensure adequate social distancing.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn in the space. We ask each student to bring a separate pair of sneakers or jazz shoes to be worn in-studio only.
- If your child is not able to attend an in-person class, they will be given the option to zoom in live to the class.
- Learn more about our Covid Safety Policies & Procedures here.
Refund Policy During Covid
We are operating in an unprecedented, uncharted territory with many unknown variables. State / City mandated closures, or new guidelines can occur at any time, with very short notice. We may be forced to change/shut down our indoor “in person” program if this happens.
In the event that we have to adjust our in-studio program, we will immediately switch our classes to Zoom on the same schedule. No refunds will be given as the session would continue online until we could return to the studio.
Zoom Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!