The truth is funny. – Del Close
Improv + Sketch
WHO: (Rising) 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: BAL @ PS 321
WHEN: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 8 – 12
COST: $550 (week long program)
Improv = fun + infinite possibilities! This ensemble-based workshop is a safe space to imagine possibilities, explore how to perform and create a variety of characters that crack you up. Spend a week with an ensemble of young improvisers, learning techniques and practices to help you stay present, truthful and connected. We will also beginning exploring how to develop and write short sketches. Please note: The July 5-8 Improv workshop will not duplicate this class…so, if you love Improv! Join us both weeks!
Important Program Details
- Drop off is at 9AM and pick-up is 3 PM at PS 321.
- Please send your child with a lunch, large bottle of water, and two snacks.
- We take a mid-morning and afternoon snack break.
- Make sure your child wears supportive/comfortable shoes. No flip-flops please. Make sure your child dresses comfortably in clothes that they can move in freely.
- Sunscreen should be applied in the morning. Please send your child with a bottle of sunscreen so it can reapplied during the day as needed.
- The week-long workshop culminates in a shared perforance on Friday at 2:30 PM. Families are invited to attend. We will record the performance and share a link for families who are not able to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions