Improv and Sketch
WHO: (Rising) 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: BAL 1012 8th Avenue (btw 10th and 11th Streets)
WHEN: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
DATES: July 24th-28th
COST: $650 (week long program)
Do you love to laugh? Do you love to make people laugh? Over the course of the week, actors will work with professional improvisers to hone their ensemble skills and learn the basics of improvisation and sketch comedy. Students will master multiple improv games they can share with their friends and family! While also learning how to generate ideas, create funny situations and settings, identify absurdities, write and perform their own sketches and bring them to hilarious conclusions. We’ll invite our families and friends to see our performance on Friday afternoon at 2:30pm.
Important Program Details
- Drop off is at 9AM and pick-up is 3 PM at BAL 1012 8th Avenue btw 10th and 11th Streets.
- Please send your child with a lunch, large bottle of water, and two snacks.
- We take a mid-morning and afternoon snack break.
- Make sure your child wears supportive/comfortable shoes. No flip-flops please. Make sure your child dresses comfortably in clothes that they can move in freely.
- Sunscreen should be applied in the morning. Please send your child with a bottle of sunscreen so it can reapplied during the day as needed.
- The week-long workshop culminates in a shared performance on Friday at 2:30 PM. Families are invited to attend. We will record the performance and share a link for families who are not able to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions