Actors are athletes of the heart.
Acting Workshop: Monologues and Scenes
WHO: (Rising) 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: BAL @ PS 321
WHEN: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
DATES: July 25 – 29
COST: $550 (week long program)
In this workshop we will begin to explore text. Where do you begin? How do you dig into the written word and use your imagination and instrument to bring the text to life. We will explore the basics of script analysis, subtext, and use improvisation to explore character, relationship, and circumstances. This playful workshop engages the young actor’s imagination and opens the door to spontaneous, joyful play!
Important Program Details
- Drop off is at 9AM and pick-up is 3 PM at PS 321.
- Please send your child with a lunch, large bottle of water, and two snacks.
- We take a mid-morning and afternoon snack break.
- Make sure your child wears supportive/comfortable shoes. No flip-flops please. Make sure your child dresses comfortably in clothes that they can move in freely.
- Sunscreen should be applied in the morning. Please send your child with a bottle of sunscreen so it can reapplied during the day as needed.
- The week-long workshop culminates in a shared perforance on Friday at 2:30 PM. Families are invited to attend. We will record the performance and share a link for families who are not able to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions