And tell me grey seal
How does it feel
To be so wise – Elton John
A Sea Lion Called Joe
Young PLAYers in the Park
WHO: (Rising) K – 4th Grades
WHERE: Prospect Park
WHEN: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 2 – 6
COST: $550 (week long program)
Outdoor Theater Program
Have you ever heard of Joe the Sea Lion? Most people haven’t. Until now! Joe was moved from the Central Park Zoo to the Prospect Park Zoo for being too loud! This week we will uncover the story of Joe and will create a mini-musical of the Sea Lion’s untold story.
Each week culminates in a socially distanced Friday afternoon outdoor sharing at 2:00 PM for a limited audience of family and friends. Sign up for one week or for the entire summer!
Important Program Details
Outdoor Program Details
- Drop off is at 9AM at the 3rd Street and 11th Street entrance of the park.
- Pick-up is at 3PM at the same location that child is dropped off at.
- When there is more than a 40% chance of heavy rain, we will move to a virtual program on Zoom.
- Please send your child with a lunch, large bottle of water, and two snacks.
- We take a mid-morning and afternoon snack break.
- Make sure your child wears supportive/comfortable shoes. No flip-flops please.
- Make sure your child dresses comfortably in clothes that they can move in freely.
- Sunscreen should be applied in the morning.
- Send your child wearing a clean mask, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and sunscreen every day.
- An extra clean mask should be sent in their bag as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our Summer FAQs here or contact us for more information.