Those who wish to sing always find a song.
A Cappella / Songwriting with Kat
Online Theater Program
WHO: 6th – 12th Grades
WHERE: Online via the Zoom Theater
WHEN: Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:15 PM
DATES: 1/7/21 – 4/1/21 (3 month program)
FALL 2021 ONLINE PROGRAM
In this two-part class students will learn to improve their vocal technique, breathing, musical ear and rhythm. In A CAPELLA we will use the voice and the body as the only instruments in the ensemble. We will do arrangements of pop songs, musical theatre songs and get wild with vocal effects as we focus on singing as a soloist and also in a group.
We will also dive into the magical art of SONGWRITING through individual and group projects. Storytellers, singers, instrumentalists, poets, and general music makers will be at home here. Final projects will involve a full recording of your original song song.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, the final showcase will be a recorded show created by the troupe.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!