Where stories come to life!
Storybook Theater: Stories of Acceptance
Outdoor Theater Program
WHO: For Pre-K and Kindergarten
WHERE: Outdoors in Prospect Park
WHEN: Wednesdays, 3:30 – 5:30 PM (school pick-up available)
DATES: Sept. 22nd – Dec. 15th (3 month program)
COST: $600/season (school pick-up: $180)
OUTDOOR THEATER PROGRAM
Stories come to life in this creative, physical, and interactive dramatic play workshop! Physical theater, dance, movement exercises and games create an environment for the rich kinesthetic play that this workshop offers. This workshop will invite students into the world of dramatic play through literacy. With an emphasis on the basic structures of a story as well as music-making and movement, this workshop will leave your kids excited to continue reading, playing and imagining for years to come. We will be exploring stories that explore the theme of Acceptance and of course make up our own stories as well!
We will have a shared performance in the park in December.
Important Program Details
- Classes meet and are released at the 9th Street entrance to Prospect Park.
- In heavy rain and snow or very cold weather, we will move to the Zoom theater.
- No class on November 24th (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Learn more about BAL’s Safety Policies & Guidelines here.
School Pick-Up Available
- BAL picks up at the following schools: PK 280, PS 10, 39, 107, 154, 295, 321, Berkeley Carroll, and Poly Prep.
- If your school is not on this list, please email us at email@example.com. We will do our very best to coordinate a pick-up from your child’s school.
- School pick-up cost: $180