Let’s Get Wild!
Storybook Theater: Animal Tales
Online Theater Program
WHO: Pre-K & Kindergarten
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: Tuesdays, 3:00 – 4:00 PM
DATES: September 22 – December 15 (3 month program)
FALL 2020 ONLINE PROGRAM
Stories come to life in this creative, physical, and interactive dramatic play workshop! Physical theater, dance, movement exercises and games create an environment for the rich kinesthetic play that this workshop offers. This workshop will invite students into the world of dramatic play through literacy. With an emphasis on the basic structures of a story as well as music-making and movement, this workshop will leave your kids excited to continue reading, playing and imagining for years to come.
The theme of the fall season is Animals. We will be exploring animal stories and creating our own.
***No class on October 12th (Indigenous Peoples’ Day)
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the season’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!