I only know how to write musicals.
Musical Theater Writing
Online Theater Program
WHO: 6th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:30 PM
DATES: September 24 – December 17 (3 month program)
FALL 2020 ONLINE PROGRAM
Do you love musicals and dream of writing your own? Do you have stories tell and want to learn how to give them shape in a musical form? In this class we will learn about the process of writing a musical through the expereince of writing a musical. We can learn by doing. We will play, imagine, sing, and write.
***No class on November 26th (Thanksgiving)
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the season’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!