Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change to the world.
Summer Musical Ensemble
WHO: 3rd-8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
DATES: July 6 – July 31 (month-long program)
WHEN: Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
MONTH-LONG SUMMER MUSICAL ENSEMBLE
This musical theater intensive workshop will be an exploration of the beloved classic, Matilda. Students will work on an adapted and abridged version of the musical – learning musical numbers/choreography and text. A recorded performance will be shared including all participating student. Students will be asked to film some scenes and songs outside of class.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the month’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 9:30 AM: Check in and theater games
- 9:45 AM: Theater Dance and Choreography Workshop
- 10:30 AM: Water break/snack
- 10:40 AM: Vocal workshop
- 11:15 AM: Theater workshop (scene work)