To change the world, it takes a little genius!
Jr. Zoomsical Ensemble: Matilda (Mon/Weds)
Online Theater Program
WHO: 2nd – 5th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: Mondays & Wednesdays, 4:00 – 5:30 PM
DATES: September 21 – December 16 (3 month program)
FALL 2020 ONLINE PROGRAM
The critically acclaimed Jr. Zoomsical Ensemble is back with an online production of Matilda. The rehearsal process begins with ensemble-building and grows from the actors’ ideas, movements, and stories. We will spend the first 2 weeks learning musical theatre basics through singing, dancing, and improvisational games. Each child will play a part. We will build our Zoomsical music video showcasing the ensemble’s unique abilities as actors, singers, and dancers.
***No class on October 12th (Indigenous Peoples’ Day) and November 25th (Thanksgiving Eve)
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a Zoomsical music video showcasing the ensemble’s unique abilities as actors, singers, and dancers.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!