You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.
~Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz
Jr. Musical Ensemble: The Wizard of Oz
Indoor Theater Program
WHO: For 2nd-6th Grades
WHERE: At Brooklyn Acting Lab (1012 8th Avenue)
WHEN: Mondays and Wednesdays; 4:30 – 6:00 PM (school pick-up available)
DATES: September 20th-Feb 8th; Tech Rehearsal: Feb 9th and 10th
PERFORMANCES: Feb 11, 12, 13
COST: $1,950 (school pick-up: $680)
INDOOR THEATER PROGRAM
The Junior Musical Ensemble class is for our elementary school-aged actors who are serious about putting on a full musical production with sets, costumes, music, and lights!
The rehearsal process begins with ensemble-building, and grows from the actors’ ideas, movements, and stories. We will spend the first 2 weeks learning musical theatre basics through singing, dancing, games, and exercises. Then we will move into reading and singing through the whole script. By the end of our second week, our director will share casting choices with each child in the ensemble. Some parts will have more lines or less singing than others, but we are committed to devising this production together and hearing all of the incredible ideas in the rehearsal room. In the following weeks, we will build our musical performance, showcasing the ensemble’s unique abilities as actors, singers, and dancers. Rehearsals will be broken up into acting/blocking, choreography, and musical/vocal sessions each week. After all this work, we will share our production with friends, family, and our local community. All cast members receive a script, journal, and signed poster.
Important Program Details
- No class on October 11th (Indigenous Peoples’ Day) November 24th (Thanksgiving Eve), December 20-31 (Winter Break), Jan 17th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day).
- Learn more about BAL’s Safety Policies & Guidelines here.
School Pick-Up Available
- BAL picks up at the following schools: PK 280, PS 10, 39, 107, 154, 295, 321, Berkeley Carroll, and Poly Prep.
- If your school is not on this list, please email us at email@example.com. We will do our very best to coordinate a pick-up from your child’s school.
- School pick-up cost: $680