Put your flippers in the air!
Jr. Acting Lab: Penguinpalooza!
Outdoor Theater Program
WHO: For 1st-3rd Grades
WHERE: Outdoors in Prospect Park
WHEN: Wednesdays, 3:30 – 5:30 PM (school pick-up available)
DATES: Sept. 22nd – Dec. 15th (3 month program)
COST: $600/season (school pick-up: $180)
OUTDOOR THEATER PROGRAM
This workshop is a creative space for children to practice the first steps in the craft of acting. Through a collectively devised production process, they will uncover and explore a world of their own making onstage. This course will navigate basic acting techniques for the voice and the body while working to craft a new piece of theatre inspired by the ensemble. This Winter/Spring we wil be creating a play based on Penguins and specifically explore Mr. Poppers Penguins and Happy Feet. Get your tuxedos ready!
We will have a shared performance in Prospect Park in December.
Important Program Details
- Classes meet and are released at the 9th Street entrance to Prospect Park.
- In heavy rain and snow or very cold weather, we will move to the Zoom theater.
- No class on November 24th (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Learn more about BAL’s Safety Policies & Guidelines here.
School Pick-Up Available
- BAL picks up at the following schools: PK 280, PS 10, 39, 107, 154, 295, 321, Berkeley Carroll, and Poly Prep.
- If your school is not on this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our very best to coordinate a pick-up from your child’s school.
- School pick-up cost: $180