Improv and Sketch Comedy
Online Theater Program
WHO: 6th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: Mondays, 5:00 – 6:30 PM
DATES: September 21 – December 14 (3 month program)
FALL 2020 ONLINE PROGRAM
Over the course of this workshop, actors will work with professionals to hone their ensemble skills and learn the basics of improvisaton and sketch. Students will be introduced to short and long-form improvisation in this hilarious, heartfelt workshop. Students will master multiple improv games and use their learning as a lens in examining the world they are creating and inhabiting. We will pay special attention to encouraging and engaging each voice in “the room” to be heard throughout the process. We will generate ideas, create situations and settings, identify absurdities, write and perform our own sketches and bring them to hilarious conclusions.
***No class on October 12th (Indigenous Peoples’ Day)
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, the final showcase will be a recorded sketch show created by the troupe.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the season ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!