It was a dark and stormy night…
Young PLAYers Series
WHO: 1st – 4th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 9:30 – 11:30 AM
DATES: September 8 – 11 (4 day program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
***Live Radio Show*** It was a dark and stormy night… when our ensemble members came together to create their own tale of mystery! Can we solve the case by Friday? Register to find out!
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 9:30 AM: Warm-ups and theater games
- 10:00 AM: Daily prompt: Teaching artist will present a prompt/task related to the theme
- 10:15 AM: Playwriting (creating and building a script through guided small group improvisation and scene work)
- 10:50 AM: Snack/water break
- 11-11:30 AM: Move, sing, play, build: Each day this final 1/2 hour will be spent towards developing material connected to the theme – by learning music, building choreography and movement, or working on an arts project (puppet-making, costume or prop creation, make-up tutorial, etc.)