Comedy, Sketch, and Character
Sketch Comedy Week
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 31 – September 4 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
Do you have dreams of being on SNL? Do you use dinner time to try out your new stand-up act? In this week-long virtual program actors will work with professionals to hone their ensemble skills and learn the basics of sketch comedy. We will generate ideas, create situations and settings, identify absurdities, write and perform our own sketches and bring them to hilarious conclusions!
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Theater warm-ups and Games
- 1:45 Sketch Lab: How do you develop and write a sketch
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM: Character-Building Games