SOMEWHERE INSIDE ALL OF US IS THE POWER TO CHANGE TO THE WORLD.
Mad Hatter Tea Party
Young PLAYers Series
WHO: 1st – 4th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 9:30 – 11:30 AM
DATES: August 31 – September 4 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
In this week-long exploration of the beloved classic, we’ll use the power of our imaginations to enter Matilda’s world. The songs and music from the Broadway musical will be our starting point to explore the wonders in our own lives. We’ll sing, move and dance as we define what kid power means to us!
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for video post-production.
Important Program Details
- We will provide a very short materials needed list for families the week prior to the program.
- Most things will be household items or basic art supplies.
- We will keep it simple.
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 9:30 AM: Warm-ups and theater games
- 10:00 AM: Daily prompt: Teaching artist will present a prompt/task related to the theme
- 10:15 AM: Playwriting (creating and building a script through guided small group improvisation and scene work)
- 10:50 AM: Snack/water break
- 11-11:30 AM: Move, sing, play, build: Each day this final 1/2 hour will be spent towards developing material connected to the theme – by learning music, building choreography and movement, or working on an arts project (puppet-making, costume or prop creation, make-up tutorial, etc.)