Each person has a literature inside them.
~Anna Deveare Smith
Playwriting and Performance
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 3 – August 7 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
Students will create their own scene and/or monologue over the course of the week. They will learn the basic elements of dramatic structure. They will be given prompts to guide them in the process and improvisation will be a tool in developing character and dialogue. Each student will also perform their original work.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Theater Games/Warm-Ups and Improv
- 1:30 PM: Playwriting Lab
- 2:15 PM: Performance Lab