The time to sing is when your emotional level is just too high to speak anymore.
~ Bob Fosse
Musical Theater Bootcamp: Session 2
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: August 10 – August 14 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
Immerse yourself in a week-long exploration of Broadway musicals from different eras. This musical theater intensive will give you the opportunity to develop and hone your vocal, dance, and acting skills in a supportive and nurturing environment. Each day is broken into parts to focus on specific performance skills.
*Please note: Session 2 will not be duplicative with Session 1 (July 7-10) so if you love Musical Theater sign up for both weeks! We will work on completely different material in the two sessions.
This Musical Theater Bootcamp is taught by BAL teaching artist, Ruthy Froch, who recently concluded a 2 year run playing Hodel in the 1st National Tour of Fiddler on the Roof. Learn more about Ruthy here.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Physical warm-ups, conditioning and Broadway Theater Dance Workshop
- 1:45 PM: Vocal workshop with break-out sessions*
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM: Monologue/Scene Work