The time to sing is when your emotional level is just too high to speak anymore.
~ Bob Fosse
Musical Theater Bootcamp: Session 1
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: July 6 – July 10 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
Immerse yourself in a week-long exploration of Broadway musicals from different eras. This musical theater intensive will give you the opportunity to develop and hone your vocal, dance, and acting skills in a supportive and nurturing environment. Each day is broken into parts to focus on specific performance skills.
*Please note: Session 1 will not be duplicative with Session 2 (August 10-14) so if you love Musical Theater sign up for both weeks! We will work on completely different material in the two sessions.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at email@example.com if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Physical warm-ups, conditioning and Broadway Theater Dance Workshop
- 1:45 PM: Vocal workshop with break-out sessions*
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM: Monologue/Scene Work