If you listen to my songs, they tell stories. I write almost as if I’m in conversation with somebody.
~ Missy Elliot
Songwriting and Vocal Performance
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: July 27 – July 31 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
Songwriting is an expressive process learned and taught with practice and with guidance. In this class, we will learn this magical art of songwriting through individual and group projects. We will also be diving into vocal technique, breathing and general music ear training. Storytellers, singers, instrumentalists, poets, and general music makers will be at home here.
Final projects will involve a full recording of your original song.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Vocal Workshop: warm-ups and vocal technique
- 1:45 PM: Songwriting Workshop
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM: Song Share