What is important to me is not the truth outside myself, but the truth within myself.
Scenes and Monologues
WHO: 5th – 8th Grades
WHERE: Virtually Offered
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
DATES: July 20 – July 24 (week-long program)
SINGLE WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM
We’ll select an appropriate monologue and work with you one-on-one so you are confident going into auditions. Using script analysis techniques and games, you’ll learn how to get into your character’s skin and walk in their shoes. We’ll also dig deep into a scene selected specifically for you! Working closely with a scene partner, you’ll learn how to listen and respond truthfully when sharing a scene.
- In lieu of BAL’s traditional shared performance, students will be included in a video reel showcasing highlights and vignettes from the week’s online collaborations.
- A direct link to the video(s) will be provided to share with friends and family.
- Please allow reasonable time after the session ends for professional production and editing.
Important Program Details
Online Classes Via Zoom
- All virtual classes are conducted via Zoom. Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/
- A Zoom invite will be sent to you one hour before the class begins.
- Each week a new link/reminder will be sent to you.
- Please sign on at the scheduled time of the class.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues joining.
How to prepare for the Zoom Theater
- Clear some free space for your child to move. Be sure that there aren’t any pieces of furniture, plants, or visiting pets to bump into or trip over.
- Place the device on a stable surface with the video turned on.
- Get ready to have fun!
- We understand everyone’s arrangement is different… we’ll make it work!
- 1:00 PM: Physical and vocal warm-ups
- 1:30 PM: Theater Games/Improvisation
- 2:00- 3:00 PM: Monologue/Scene Work